Guest Post: Black and Gold by Becky Yardley

Hi everyone! Becky Yardley here, an interiors blogger and colour addict. 
I’m so excited to be guest posting on Brooke’s lovely blog today, thank you Brooke!

I wanted to show you some great treasures I found for creating a stylish black and gold interior.
Black is a dark and dramatic colour so it can be a little intimidating to think about using it indoors, 
if you were a bit of a gothy teen like me then you’ll know exactly what I mean! 
 But this look is less “paint it black” and more 
Coco Chanel meets Alice in Wonderland.


As an accent colour, black adds style and elegance to a room, think grown up and refined, 
with a few playful hints to the rebellious teenager inside.

Keep it clean with crisp white walls for a sophisticated backdrop, add a few carefully 
chosen deep black items and warm it up with gold to create a sophisticated finish.

For my mood board, I mixed it up with both contemporary pieces like a gold studded cushion along with more decorative items like the fancy French chair and black gothic mirror.

I hope you enjoy this look, for more inspiration please 
visit Appliances Online blog where you can see more interior ideas from me!

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment